The information that we collect
- User-provided Information
When you use the Service, you may provide and we may collect what is generally called "personally identifiable" information, such as your name, e-mail address, mobile phone number and demographic information. For example, you may provide us with personally identifiable information when you register for an account, use the Service, interact with other users of the Service through the share feature, or send us customer service related requests.When you use the Service, you may provide store/loyalty card(s) information such as card number and the associated retailer. This information is stored against your profile.
- "Cookies" Information
When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your, browser "Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilise the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
- "Automatically Collected" Information
When you use the Service or open one of our HTML e-mails, we may automatically record certain information from your web browser by using different types of technology. This "automatically collected" information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after the Service, the pages you view on the Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service including offers that you have clipped and the GPS location of the device on which the application has been downloaded. This information is gathered for all users.
- Information from Other Sources
How we use the information we collect
Your information is an integral part of our operations, and we use it in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business. For example:
- We use the information that you provide or that we collect, to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all of the features of the service.
- We will use all of the information that you provide and that we collect to understand and analyse the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Service, and to create new features and functionality.
- We may use your e-mail address or other personal information (a) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service or (b) to send you promotional messages related to the Service and the activities of third parties we work with. We may contact you by mail, email, in-app email, text or push notification. Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving any such communications, either through links provided in the messages or by updating your account preferences through the Service.
- We will use your store/loyalty card(s) information to provide a seamless redemption process.
- We may use "cookies" information and "automatically collected" information to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service; (b) provide customised third party advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor and analyse the effectiveness of Service and third party marketing activities; (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; (e) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities; (f) track your location to deliver you pertinent offers to the area you in at a given moment in time.
Reasons for Disclosing your Information
We disclose your personally identifiable information in a variety of circumstances in connection with providing the Service and the operation of our business. For example:
- We work with third-party service providers to provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. To the extent it is necessary for these third-party service providers to complete their contractual obligations to us, these third parties may have access to or process your personally identifiable information. Generally, these disclosures are made under terms comparable to this policy, and the recipients are limited to using the information the purpose for which it was provided.
- We make certain automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties, to: (i) comply with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service.
- We may also disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with Republic of Ireland Law, in response to a court order, judicial or other government requirement, request or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement activity.
- We also reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect Savvy Basket and others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Service; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Savvy Basket users, or others.
You may choose to opt out at any time, of course, or decline to share certain personally identifiable information with us. In this case we may not be able to provide to you with some of the features and functionality of the Service. At any time, you may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences by accessing your account preferences page through the Service. Please note that while your changes are reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, we do not allow children under 16 to use the Service or knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 16 years-of-age, and no part of the Service is directed to persons under 16. If you are under 16 years-of-age, then please do not use or access Service at any time or in any manner. If we learn that personally identifiable information has been collected on the Service from persons under the age of 16 and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 16 has obtained an account on the Service, then you may alert us at email@example.com and request that we delete that child’s personally identifiable information from our systems.
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of your personally identifiable information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice through the Service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the Event of Merger or Sale
Governing Law and Forum for Disputes
Our Contact Information